Cuba Mission Trip with Rabbi Karen Bodney-Halasz
Join us April 21 - 29, 2015 on this insightful trip of cultural discovery and humanitarian effort in La Habana, Cienfuegos, and Trinidad de Cuba! You will make a difference in the lives of our brothers and sisters and have experiences offered to few travelers to this tropical island nation. Cuba is changing rapidly; now is the time to discover its vibrant culture and people!
For more information, contact Ellen Fine-McCarthy at 937.496.0050 or email@example.com. Registration deadline is October 14, 2014.
The Fourth Annual Jewish Cultural Festival was Sunday, June 8th at Temple Israel. Attendees listened to our music, learned about Judaism, tasted some of our favorite foods, played games, shopped for artwork and crafts, danced and laughed. Thanks to everyone who came out to support the event! See photos on our Facebook page.
In our monthly newsletter:
- The Jewish Cultural Festival Is Just Weeks Away!
– Interfaith Lunches
– First Baptist Church Pulpit Exchange
– Early Bird Religious School Registration
– Lag B’Omar Picnic
– Confirmation on Shavuot
– and more news about events and programs
View photographs new and old from every kind of Temple program and activity, including confirmation class photographs from the 1930s to the present.
Improve Our World
Temple members volunteer with many organizations in the Miami Valley, donating food, clothing, books, and time to help others and improve our community.
Our rabbis teach Torah and Talmud weekly. Temple’s Ryterband lectures host 18 local leaders and scholars each year. We also sponsor Hebrew classes for beginners to more advanced students. Nearly all of Temple’s adult education programs are open to non-members and members alike.
- Events on August 1, 2014
- Shabbat ServicesStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: August 1, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: Temple Israel, SanctuaryDescription: Shabbat services in the sanctuary led by a combination of Rabbi Sofian, Rabbi Bodney-Halasz, and Courtney Cummings.
- Events on August 2, 2014
- Shabbat ServicesStarts: 10:30 amEnds: August 2, 2014 - 12:00 pmLocation: Temple Israel ChapelDescription: Shabbat Service in the chapel let by Rabbi Sofian or Rabbi Bodney-Halasz.
- Events on August 8, 2014
- Shabbat ServicesStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: August 8, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: Temple Israel, Sanctuary
- Potluck DinnerStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: August 8, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: Temple Israel - GimmelDescription: Enjoy a potluck dinner with Temple friends. Temple provides chicken, challah and wine. Everyone else brings a side dish. RSVP from Temple's website, http://www.tidayton.org. A link is at the bottom right of the home page.
- Events on August 9, 2014
- Shabbat ServicesStarts: 10:30 amEnds: August 9, 2014 - 12:00 pmLocation: Temple Israel ChapelDescription: Shabbat Service in the chapel let by Rabbi Sofian or Rabbi Bodney-Halasz.
- Events on August 15, 2014
- Healing ServiceStarts: 5:15 pmEnds: August 15, 2014 - 5:45 pmLocation: ChapelDescription: All are invited to participate in a service of healing and hope with Rabbi Bodney-Halasz on Friday, August 15th, at 5:15p.m. This service is intended for those who are ill, grieving, caring for others, or simply seeking wholeness on any level. It is also for those who would like to provide support and compassion for fellow congregants and neighbors during trying times. During this contemplative service, we will draw strength from traditional liturgy, music, and personal stories. Temple’s regular Shabbat services will follow at 6 pm. For more information, please contact Rabbi Bodney-Halasz at 496-0050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shabbat in the RoundStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: August 15, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: Temple Israel Great Hall - Alef, Great Hall - BetDescription: Shabbat services in the great hall led by a combination of Rabbi Sofian, Rabbi Bodney-Halasz, Courtney Cummings, and volunteer lay leaders.
- Events on August 16, 2014
- Shabbat ServicesStarts: 10:30 amEnds: August 16, 2014 - 12:00 pmLocation: Temple Israel ChapelDescription: Shabbat Service in the chapel let by Rabbi Sofian or Rabbi Bodney-Halasz.